Technical / Competency Training& Uncertainty of Measurements:
2 / 3 days, covering hand-on training on methods of test (ISO/ASTM/MS) and evaluation of uncertainty of measurement.
For testing, this occurs from errors arising at the various stages of sampling, sample preparation, measurement and data evaluation. ISO/IEC 17025 recommends the results of quantitative measurement to be reported as both a single value and together with the possible deviation from the true value.ISO has published a Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement. It establishes general rules for evaluating and expressing uncertainty in measurement across a broad spectrum of measurements. The whole process of measurement uncertainty is schematically shown below.
Knowledge of Uncertainty of measurements is important in:
- where the uncertainty of measurement must be reported on the certificate
- where the uncertainty of measurement is needed to determine a pass or fail
- where you need to know the uncertainty before you can decide whether the tolerance is met
- Understanding reports, whereby you may need to read and understand a calibration certificate or a written specification for a test or measurement.
GT group of companies provides HRDF claimable technical (hand-on) and competency training for gloves / polymer / composite / metal industries.GT has helped and provided training to many companies and higher institution because of her specialization in this niche. Many companies and institution has overcome technical problems related to ISO 17025 accreditation after attending our technical training.
The objective of this technical (hand-on)/ competency training is,
- to provide an in depth understanding of the relevant method of test (MS, ISO or ASTM),
- to perform correct testing according to the Method of Test,
- to identify and reduce testing errors and
- estimate the uncertainty of measurements (UM) of the test
Our technical/competency training package includes evaluation of the Uncertainty of Measurement for the relevant method of test and it’s included the following:Method of Test for rubber & gloves as per ISO 37/ASTM 412/ISO 188
- Method of Test for plastics as per ASTM 638/ASTM 790
- Method of Test for metallic materials as per ASTM E8M/ASTMA370
The hand-on technical/competency training program covers:
Introduction to testing
Understanding the method of test (as per MS/ISO /ASTM MOT)
- Sample preparation
- Test Equipment
- Test environment
- Testing procedures
- Data analyses & reporting
Identify errors in testing - A practical guide.
Estimation uncertainty of measurements for relevant method of test
- Making a model for the test.
- Identify sources of errors that contribute to the uncertainties of measurement (UM) in testing.
- Calculate the combine uncertainty & expanded uncertainty.
- Presenting UM for testing.
- Preparing the testing equipment for testing.
- Knowing the testing equipment.
- Identify sources of error for testing.
- Performed testing: repeatability and reproducibility testing.
- Prepare excel spreadsheet for estimation of UM
Upon completion of the course, participants are expected to be competence in the test and able:
- To understand the Method of Test based on selected MS/ISO/ASTM
- To perform the selected test professionally with confidence
- To know the sources of errors in testing and able to reduce it.
- To estimate and prepare uncertainty budget for testing
Who Should Attend?
- Laboratory management responsible for achieving or maintaining lab accreditation
- Technicians and lab personnel needing a good understanding of the requirements of 17025 accredited laboratories
- Those responsible for laboratory operations, testing, and calibration
- Personnel who has been assigned as signatories or would be signatories.